FOB taping

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: FOB taping
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jim lochner (Jflochner) on Friday, November 04, 2011 - 10:47 pm: Edit Post

anyone care to provide a brief protocol on FOB. I know NO height, but 1' over head level kosher? Where will the shut down come from ... band or venue? I really don't like to record in the large halls, but am considering bringing my rig for a pull from 12 - 18 row center, just for the hell of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric (Iworkforwine) on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 10:56 am: Edit Post

Was just wondering the same.
Also, are "taper" ticksts required to get equipment in?

FOB'ing.....for the fun of it.

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jackstraw (Lostman) on Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 09:02 am: Edit Post

fob is stealth taping so dont be noticed .if there going to bust than 1 foot overhead is 2 much .keep it head level that's how it was done when the grateful dead toured way before there was a tapers section.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jim lochner (Jflochner) on Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 01:02 pm: Edit Post

That's more or less what I know and do. I simply haven't cared to record this stuff as there is SO much of it already. The location of my seats made me consider the pull to be had, but I am out of touch and just wanted a sense of the tolerance level of sound & light guys whether the head level to 1' above is kosher. I know my option is always complete stealth, but equipment options dictate otherwise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jocko (Jocomo) on Monday, November 07, 2011 - 10:03 am: Edit Post

head level or hand hold a stereo mic--if you try to go higher you will get popped--and be cool...keep your eyes open and head on a swivel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thetrigzone (Thetrigzone) on Monday, November 07, 2011 - 08:15 pm: Edit Post

Stealth Mic's! Attach them to your hat. I stood right in front of Dylan one night and managed to pull it off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By sittinghereinlimbo (Takamelody) on Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 02:26 am: Edit Post

OMG FOB ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jocko (Jocomo) on Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 11:58 am: Edit Post

fresh off the boat

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: