Old & In The Grey

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: Old & In The Grey
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Foolio (Nupsdog) on Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 06:10 pm: Edit Post

Anyone ever see this lineup? Better yet, there was a show in the late 90's in Ithaca NY at the State Theater. Any of you freaks at the show? Or better yet know where one could find a recording? Was the Old & In The Way lineup save for Jerry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Friday, November 04, 2011 - 08:03 am: Edit Post

I saw them in Telluride. Herb Pedersen took Jerry's spot. I can't remember who the bass player was. Pretty good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By aardvark van doozer (Slackary) on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 02:20 am: Edit Post

Who's left of the original lineup? Just Rowan and Grisman?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By W T (Bill) Brina (Bill_brina) on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 09:08 pm: Edit Post

The bass player was Bryn Davies, also known for a while as Bryn Bright. She played with Vassar and with Peter Rowan on and off for a number of years. Great player, and a hot babe to boot! Go to YouTube and check out some of her performances with Peter Rowan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thetrigzone (Thetrigzone) on Monday, November 21, 2011 - 12:35 pm: Edit Post

You can get Old & In The Gray at Amazon. I did, its alright, but a far cry from Old & In The Way!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By the hammer (Gratefulhead) on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 11:05 am: Edit Post

I caught Old and In the Way in Memphis on Halloween and Nashville the next day (my B-day) back in '98 or '99. I seem to recall that Jim Kerwin played bass, but I may be mistaken. It was an incerdibly fun weekend, but I also seem to recall the audience was a little stiff. GPAC and the Ryman. Everyone glued to his or her seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Mangarell (Sailorsaint) on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 11:23 pm: Edit Post

I saw Chris Hillman & Herb Pedersen recently........WOW....sooooo good

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Buck Yourself (Masonskids) on Friday, January 27, 2012 - 09:22 pm: Edit Post

I saw them at the Warfield with Herb Peterson on banjo. Only time I ever got to see John Kahn on bass. :-(

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: