Yonder Mountain String band

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: Yonder Mountain String band
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shakedown (Shakedownst14) on Monday, October 24, 2011 - 08:38 pm: Edit Post

...any good live? I've only listened to them a little bit, but wondering what folks think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Disorder In The House (Timmy_hoover) on Monday, October 24, 2011 - 08:53 pm: Edit Post

I've seen em once.

Thought they were pretty meh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Edward Weber (Eddieboy) on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 01:11 am: Edit Post

I really like them,first saw them at Wavy Gravy;s Hog Farm,then in a little bar in Chico. Go check em' out if it is affordable,Eddieboy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shakedown (Shakedownst14) on Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 07:57 am: Edit Post

For $20, YMSB and The Infamous Stringdusters were totally fun. I wouldn't chase 'em, but I did enjoy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Slickrock (Strangha) on Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 08:36 am: Edit Post

I'd chase the Dusters. They're the shit. Great and getting better. Check out the Targhee Bluegrass Fest show on the archive.

But you can have YMSB. Not all that interesting to my ears. I've seen 'em 3-4 times, last at this year's Targhee Fest. They sure can play fast, though, if that's what you're into.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric (Iworkforwine) on Monday, November 07, 2011 - 09:31 pm: Edit Post

YES! A LOT of energy!
And Jeff RIPS on the mandolin!

FWIW, I REALLY enjoy them! A fun show! They are all very versitle and talented. Aside from RD, P&F, The Dead, etc. after Jerry's passing, Yonder was one band that helped to fill the void for me.

Have a good time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 08:52 am: Edit Post

I'm catching them on saturday in Lincoln, NE. Only $20!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 01:25 pm: Edit Post

Great show last night! I was hoping for a Neil Young cover, given his b-day. No dice. We did get a rippin' "New Sppedway Boogie", though!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric (Iworkforwine) on Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 10:41 pm: Edit Post

Speaking of covers, they do a rippin' "Crazy Train." YES, as in, Ozzy Osbourne!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By peppermint daddy (Patrick) on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 12:26 am: Edit Post

It's amazing how everyone hears their own show. Have listened to the Targhee show a couple of times and it melts my face listening to it in the living room.
Yonder's so good it's hard for me to comprehend not getting off on them. Was surprized to see a couple of my favorite zoners giving them the meh verdict.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mr.Tofu Head (Shakedown63) on Monday, November 28, 2011 - 06:22 pm: Edit Post

>>>Yonder's so good it's hard for me to comprehend not getting off on them.

I feel the same way. They blow me away.

>>>Was surprized to see a couple of my favorite zoners giving them the meh verdict.

Now that does NOT surprise me. Some tough customers around these parts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jacob Wertz (Durbanpnw) on Monday, November 28, 2011 - 09:58 pm: Edit Post

Ymsb is beyond awesome. They have an amazing phsycedelic vibe (without drugs) and can take you on an amazing journey. Watch them in the right environment, like Hornings String Summit and you'll b blown away. They got the magic that very few bands have (GD) and they will take you to amazing places.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KC (Kosmic_charlie) on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 04:47 pm: Edit Post

I love YMSB. The first time I saw them was at a tiny place in Madison, WI that couldn't have held more than 50 people. I think it was St. Patrick's day so they were drinking Guinness and Jameson all night. It was a 'secret' show that took place the night after their regular Madison stop. You can listen to it here:

http://www.archive.org/details/ymsb2002-03-17.shnf

It was a very intimate musical experience and a great introduction to their music. This show doesn't have much 'flow' with all the banter between songs but it is an interesting listen. I catch these guys every time they come to town without hesitation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KC (Kosmic_charlie) on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 04:49 pm: Edit Post

Dang I just noticed that you can't stream the show I posted above and it's only available in SHN. That's kind of annoying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Mangarell (Sailorsaint) on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 11:25 pm: Edit Post

I LOVE YONDER!!!!!!!!! seen them a bunch....last show they played a kick ass Althea

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Mangarell (Sailorsaint) on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 11:29 pm: Edit Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkglGFSDEs&feature =related

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick P. (Skevap) on Friday, January 13, 2012 - 06:21 pm: Edit Post

We love yonder. Looking forward to tabernacle in atlanta on feb11.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mr.Tofu Head (Shakedown63) on Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 05:03 pm: Edit Post

NW String Summit in August in Oregon!! 3 nights of Yonder.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: