Furthur NYE rumors

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: Furthur NYE rumors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hawilo (Hawilo) on Sunday, September 04, 2011 - 12:00 pm: Edit Post

Any NYE rumors? Will they be playing this year? Bill Graham Civic Center?

I had heard that Furthur (Phil and Bob?) contracted John Kadlecik for 2 years which is up now. (I have no idea if this is true or not) Has his contract been renewed? Is there any truth to this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Lewis (Wlewis) on Monday, September 05, 2011 - 07:29 pm: Edit Post

contract is up furthur is done no new years eve sorry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carney (Carneycyde) on Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 10:28 pm: Edit Post

let me be the first to say - Bring on the Q for NYE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By GreggD (Albanygregg) on Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 12:17 am: Edit Post

I keep hearing about this contract being up. The band is successful and when I go to a show the musicians seem to be having the time of their lives. Why would anyone think they would not sign a new contract, or go on without one.

My car insurance contract runs out every 6 months but then I renew it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick McDevitt (Gofurthur) on Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 09:15 am: Edit Post

There is no "contract", as verified by John K himself... Read the interview on Dead.net. Furthur will keep going until it doesn't, which is hopefully a long time...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spirallightofvenus (Spirallightofvenus) on Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 12:41 pm: Edit Post

Phil, if you are reading this we want term limits to apply to politicians not Philleshians.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By GreggD (Albanygregg) on Friday, September 09, 2011 - 01:14 pm: Edit Post

No NYE info yet but East Coast dates are posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By suffles (Aiko841) on Friday, September 09, 2011 - 05:00 pm: Edit Post

Thanks for the info concerning the new dates although they really kinda' suck. No multi-show venues. I was actually hoping for a NYC or Philly run. Guess Furthur is "too big" now for those little places. ala Nokia or the Tower -- BOO BOOO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Lewis (Wlewis) on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 04:20 am: Edit Post

i was simply kidding playing into that stupid concept of the contract, frankly...im just sick of telling people it never existed so they are just going to hear it is up and the band is done from now on

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By GravyTrain (Gravytrain) on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 01:22 pm: Edit Post

And, so, back to NYE...it's getting on about time to announce it, dontcha' think? Maybe waiting until after the West Coast run?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carney (Carneycyde) on Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 08:36 pm: Edit Post

Albany NY to San Fran 490+ fees. ouch. hope it comes down if theres a NYE show. (fingers crossed)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jackstraw (Lostman) on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 11:55 am: Edit Post

shortly im sure it would make sense to wait till they finished play montery first

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Edward Weber (Eddieboy) on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 02:43 pm: Edit Post

It will probably be two nights at Bill Graham Civic. I think I am going to have to pass this year,Eddieboy! PS I had the time of my life at the first Furthur New Years,but last year was really hard to afford,and some guy was hitting on me the whole show. I like women,but he didn't seem to understand that! I played along,but he kind of ruined the show for me. Oh well,such is life!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Disorder In The House (Timmy_hoover) on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 03:21 pm: Edit Post

>>>>I like women,but he didn't seem to understand that! I played along

maybe he didn't understand because you were playing along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By crank shaft on my knee (Jeremy) on Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 02:41 pm: Edit Post

Had a good time on the little run Furthur did here in the NW, been a while since we made the loop from Seattle > Eugene > Missoula > back home. I was hoping that would fill the cup but there's a familiar feeling that NYE would be real good time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Craig (Lahead) on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 07:14 pm: Edit Post

Hearing a buzz that the shows announced for SF for New Years today might be the last for Phil or Furthur. Anyone else hearing this? I hope it's not true. I've had a lot of fun on the last two years seeing this band.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By passenger (Tomripple16) on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 09:02 pm: Edit Post

shows are on... mail order tomorrow three days ! hope they continue , but if not it was a great run!love to furthur and all heads!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chuck kasperitis (Ckwagon) on Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 08:25 pm: Edit Post

philheads who keep believing that there is a contract that is expiring are as ass backwards as the republicans that won't believe that obama is an american-- really dumb. JK has stated in his furthurnet interview and many other times that there is no contract to expire. stop spreading bullshit. don't you hate just being compared to
republicans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Craig (Lahead) on Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 08:57 am: Edit Post

I heard it was Phil not JK who is thinking of checking out. Note there is not one reference in my post about a contract for JK. The person I heard this from said Phil wants to spend more time doing music projects with his kids and might exit the band. Sounds preposterous knowing how much time theyve put into furthur, but the person who told me has been on the ark with other "rumors" in the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Disorder In The House (Timmy_hoover) on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 12:13 pm: Edit Post

>>>>>Sounds preposterous knowing how much time theyve put into furthur

3 years?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Times Getting Hard For You & Me (Canyon) on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 12:56 pm: Edit Post

well since were talking rumors. I had 3 different folks in Monterey tell me that Bob is the one that wants to put the brakes on Furthur touring. Seems like he wants to spend more time with his kids and his new TRI project. Each said there maybe a few small runs here and there (SF & NY) but no more tours. Now it looks like Phil is getting some new (and old) Friends together for '12 so we'll see how it plays out...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary (Freestyle) on Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 04:08 pm: Edit Post

Got our tickets for the NYE run today. Psyched already, and so glad we will be on hand to see how the year starts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Edward Weber (Eddieboy) on Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 05:39 pm: Edit Post

Congratulations Freestyle,see you there,Eddieboy!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: