North Mississippi Allstar Duo

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: North Mississippi Allstar Duo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grateful Dave (Dm97) on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 01:34 pm: Edit Post

Hi Gang,

My first post in Music Talk.

This past Saturday my wife and I went to the Chenango Blues Fest for the first time. It's a really nice event with great music, crowd, food and drink. http://www.chenangobluesfest.org/

The last group to play was NMAD and they were excellent. Unique sound and really good playing. I had never heard any of their music before but now I'd like to hear more. Can anyone recommend some recordings from these guys?

Also, Ana Popovic was quite good. She's a Serbian guitar player/singer that is seriously influenced by Stevie Ray Vaughan. She has a great band too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe fabes (Skyboy) on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 08:09 pm: Edit Post

post this in other stuff and you will get a better response. luther the guitar player has also been playing with the black crowes for afew albums and tours. hill county revue or something like that is another side project

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By memphis mike (Rogerdodger) on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 09:51 pm: Edit Post

I've seen Ana Popovic in memphis a couple times. last time was 2004. I really liked her and her band also.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: