Best of Brent ??

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: Best of Brent ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tennesee Ed (Potato_caboose) on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 08:25 pm: Edit Post

Anyone have some nominations?

Go thru phases where i am into certain years, etc. and been really into Brent's singin & playing lately.

Suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 08:38 am: Edit Post

If I had to pick, randomly, a solo of Brent's that gets me EVERY time, it would be the joyous display off the "Row Jimmy" on "Dozin' at the Knick"! It gets me EVERY time that I play it! and Jerry uses it to go into a second sublime solo that's orgasmic and maudlin at the same time. Check it out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Furious E (Otheroneeleven) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 11:31 am: Edit Post

Blow Away

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Edward Weber (Eddieboy) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 11:59 am: Edit Post

David Gans made a best of Brent after he died and played it on KPFA. It had the most incredible Shakedown Street on it. I was listening to Shakedown from 4/6/82,and it is very nice and crackling with energy. I like 5/13/83 Greek Theater as one of my favorite shows with the boys. Jerry really dug Brent!!!!!!!! PS Great Other One with Brent on Hammond B3!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Edward Weber (Eddieboy) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 02:44 pm: Edit Post

Check out 7/15/84,27 years ago today! Listened to Birdsong,which on my SBD copy has Jerry a little low in mix,so you can really hear Brent well! Also all of set 2 is great especially pre-drums. ENJOY!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bobwierd (Bobweird) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 05:16 pm: Edit Post

what about those Buffalo shows...86?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By perry (Pbuts) on Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 12:13 am: Edit Post

7/16/90, my last Brent show.

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1990-07-16.sbd.mi ller.95782.sbeok.flac16

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kykind (Kykind) on Monday, July 18, 2011 - 09:35 am: Edit Post

4-1-90 at the omni (my first show) Brents voice made me believe!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex MacDonald (Cell151) on Monday, July 18, 2011 - 03:01 pm: Edit Post

Brent

Blow Away - 2/24/90
Louie Loiue - 4/5/88
Gentlemen Start Your Engines - 6/26/88
Dear Mr Fantasy>Hey Jude - 6/26/88
Hey Pockey Way 5/6/89
Far From Me - 6/21/80
Greatest Story Ever Told > Devil with the Blue Dress> Good Golly Miss Molly > Devil - 9/9/87
Revolutionary Hamstrung Blues - 3/27/86

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Elaine Rosemary (Rosemary) on Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 10:15 am: Edit Post

4-15-89 Brent sings a stunning Blow Away. In the end he says, Give it just a fucking minute & it'll blow away. He totally goes off. I think it's from 82 on that he starts swearing. I love Brent! I would love to trade anyone here for their favorite Brent shows. I have a lot to trade. dancingdeadbears@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Free Trade Lemonade (Turtle) on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 03:24 pm: Edit Post

'89 LA Forum doing "I'm a Maaaannnnn"....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PHarmer (Mattyb) on Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 01:08 am: Edit Post

3/15/90 Easy To Love You

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Higher Powered (Floepiejane) on Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 10:23 am: Edit Post

^^I Saw that one! It was indeed sweet.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: