Hidden Tracks on GD releases

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: Hidden Tracks on GD releases
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tennesee Ed (Potato_caboose) on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 10:38 am: Edit Post

Anyone aware of any "hidden tracks" ?
What release, do you know song & where from?

Encountered 5 songs on DP 29 yesterday.
2 on disc 2 and 3 on disc 5.
great hidden gems too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 11:37 am: Edit Post

I don't know if this counts. On Ratdog's one studio release ("evening Moods") about two-three minutes after the last track ("Even so"), you can hear a dog (the one from the album cover?) growling and playing with a squeaky toy.
One of the other DPs has hidden tracks, too, as i recall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Where Talk Is Cheap & Vision True (Canyon) on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 11:52 am: Edit Post

Dicks Picks 13 has a hidden track, if memory serves its a Scarlet>Fire from Nassau...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Big Six - Oh (Surfdead) on Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 09:13 am: Edit Post

On a related topic, what about the hidden content in the DVD version of the GD movie? I vaguely remember someone posting about this several years ago, but I didn't have the DVD at the time. When I did get it I had forgotten where to look and what to look for. Anyone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil's epic haircut. (Bd_shot) on Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 10:25 pm: Edit Post

4.jpg...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raelrubes (Raelrubes) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 02:29 am: Edit Post

Big six-click on everything in the menus-watch all three TV ads in a row-then click.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By slowtrain64 (Joshtransit) on Friday, July 29, 2011 - 09:32 am: Edit Post

GD Movie Disc:

1. Watch the last chapter and the credits to the end. When you are returned to the main
menu, the "'AM" on the center of the handlebars will activate. Enter to see a short, but
very sweet, clip of Jerry telling us he would have played for free.

Bonus Disc:

1. Go to the Mars Hotel section. When you have watched all three mixes, highlight
"mix one" again but don't press enter. Instead press left. A new icon glows above
"Mix One". Enter, and get a clip of Donna and Billy talking about the Dead's and
the camera crew's LSD use at that run of shows.
2. On the bonus disk after the last documentary in the documentary section, when
you are returned to the main documentary menu, Jerry's guitar will be highlighted.
Press enter to watch a clip of Jerry commenting on Bill Graham.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tennesee Ed (Potato_caboose) on Friday, July 29, 2011 - 09:39 am: Edit Post

thx for the info everyone

very interesting stuff, now i want to get the GD movie even more now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By WeWantPhil (Wewantphil) on Monday, August 01, 2011 - 01:44 pm: Edit Post

you could go track by track through each CD here:

http://www.deaddisc.com/GDFD_Grateful_Dead.htm

It would be a lot of work, but each listing is very thorough.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: