From the Levon Helm Facebook Page

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: From the Levon Helm Facebook Page
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Patterson (Drp1960) on Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 09:22 am: Edit Post

Phil Lesh Set List - Ramble 06/17/11
Cumberland Blues
Chin Up Cheer Up
Comes a Time
Quiet Your Mind
Fennario
Never Satisfied
Uncle John's Band
Mountains of the Moon
Back Down South
Acadian Driftwood
Bird Song
Sigh No More
Mountain Song
I Know You Rider

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Rosen (Darkholler) on Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 08:48 am: Edit Post

This was a great night. Let us not forget the GREAT Attics with Levon and friends where Phil really shined. The interplay between Phil and his sons was exceptional. Seeing this really made you proud, especially right before fathers day. They were all having a great time and the crowd, or should I say the small gathering of people, were having a fantastic time. At least I was!!! Very fortunate to have been there; I'll never forget it. Thank you to Phil and his family, Levon and his as well and to all who played and those who organized and worked the event. Special shout out to my friend Security Steve for letting us come down and stay at his place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Crazychester (Crazychester) on Monday, June 20, 2011 - 07:14 pm: Edit Post

What was the band for this show?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Rosen (Darkholler) on Monday, June 20, 2011 - 09:58 pm: Edit Post

For Phil and sons it was Phil, sons Brian and Grahame on Guitars and vocals, Larry Campbell on Guitar and Pedal Steel, Jackie Greene on Keyboards and J Russo on drums. Theresa also came out for vocals. For all of Levons players go to the Levon website. Donald Fagen plays keyboards on many occasions and Howard Johnson is usually part of the 4 part horn section but they were not available that night. I believe he had about twelve players. Everyone came out for "crazychester" as the encore and they traded verses as the Band used to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 08:32 am: Edit Post

How are Phil's sons' vocals?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Dupee (Jondupee) on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 04:50 pm: Edit Post

As has already been stated by many this Ramble was simply an amazing night of music. All of the songs were performed exquisitely! We were walking around during Levons set trying to find a spot where we could get a good sightline. We wound up down where the potluck food was layed out and decided to grab a water bottle. As I am turning from the cooler Phil Lesh walked up to me and my friend, said hello, asked us what we thought of the set, asked us if we had kids and told us how proud he was of his sons and the performance they had just given. Simply unforgettable evening of music with an unforgettable encounter with a living legend thrown in! Thank you Levon Helm Studios for a magical night of music!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald T. Rump (Jerryc) on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 08:57 pm: Edit Post

Rambles are always a great time. I got to meet Paul Barrere, David Bromberg and Warren Haynes at Levon's place. The interaction between the guests and Levon's band is always a treat.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: