Has anyone been to bethel woods?

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: Has anyone been to bethel woods?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chewbacca (Chewie) on Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 11:30 pm: Edit Post

the site looks like theyre pretty strict there. whats it like? am i going to have a hassle getting onto lot without a ticket?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg (Diatribe2) on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 10:57 am: Edit Post

The easy part is getting in - the hard part is getting out of the lot - it took us like 2 hours to get out after a Dylan show a few years ago

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JSM (Jsm1224) on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 12:48 pm: Edit Post

Getting out is an absolute nightmare. I'll never go back for a show. Santana show last summer was great, venue is reaaly beautiful but getting out took over 2 hours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Whitman Mayo (Grady) on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 04:11 pm: Edit Post

Bethel = skip the encore and book to your car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith (Fitzman) on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 04:24 pm: Edit Post

you got that right Grady!! Seeing how the show this year is Saturday night, you won't be missing much.........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob (Spac84) on Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 02:35 pm: Edit Post

Bethel Woods was great for the Phish shows this past weekend. Lot scene had a police presence but they were very visible, friendly, and the Shakedown was pretty happening (I only went on Sunday so I cannot speak for the other 2 nights)Inside was totally relaxed as far as security went and the ushers I encountered were more than friendly. As far as traffic goes, yeah it is a nightmare getting out, so either high tail it at encore or just relax at your car for a couple of hours and then you'll be fine. I like to sometimnes take a short nap before driving home after a show anyways. If you can't take the crowds, stay home on the couch!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By 6 (Drumsspacevt) on Friday, June 10, 2011 - 04:51 pm: Edit Post

Truly - I never try to leave right after a show. Why sit in your car for two hours inching through bumper to bumper traffic? Better to sit BY your car for a couple hours drinkin' a cold one or two and having a snack or a nap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Beale (Chubbler) on Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 12:30 pm: Edit Post

what about vending there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FUNKATEER (Timmy_hoover) on Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 01:29 pm: Edit Post

this belongs in the venue talk folder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Lewis (Wlewis) on Saturday, July 02, 2011 - 01:04 pm: Edit Post

i've never seen problems for vendors there...and never a problem for not having a ticket upon arrival..bought several at the box office before after being there

really looking forward to seeing furthur there

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: