Montreaux Jazz Fest 2011

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: Montreaux Jazz Fest 2011
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Highway Terror (James) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 12:27 pm: Edit Post

Lineup
Santana
Paul Simon
John McLaughlin
B.B. King
Arcade Fire
Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi
George Benson
Diana Krall
Deep Purple
Jimmy Cliff
Dr. John
Sting
Seal
Esperanza Spalding
Robert Randolph & the Family Band
Charles Bradley
Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
Leon Russell
James Blake
Natalie Cole
Bilal
Raphael Saadiq
Femi Kuti
Black Dub
Lamb
Mogwai
Laura Marling

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy g (Deadtothecore2) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 08:52 pm: Edit Post

just saw santana last night at musilac,,in the frnch alps,,saw he playesd some great stuff, with john mclaughlin,,,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bluetrain (Bluetrain) on Saturday, July 16, 2011 - 10:12 pm: Edit Post

No jazz?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jocko (Jocomo) on Monday, July 18, 2011 - 10:51 am: Edit Post

No jazz?<<<<

LOL - - - I think I can agree

I'd show up for Santana, Diana Krall and George Benson....and a couple others

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bluetrain (Bluetrain) on Monday, July 18, 2011 - 09:35 pm: Edit Post

Some good bands here, but if I buy a ticket to a jazz festival, I want to hear some bop and some swing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome (Jerome111701) on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 03:00 am: Edit Post

george benson and esperanza are pretty much jazz but yeah wayne shorter or something liek that would be great

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bluetrain (Bluetrain) on Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 11:05 am: Edit Post

I saw Wayne Shorter back in February for the first time. If you ever have a chance to see him, go. I've seen literally hundreds if not thousands of shows over the last 40 years and this is easily in my top 5 of all time. I've just ever heard anything like it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: