Dead On: Recreating the music of the Grateful Dead

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: Dead On: Recreating the music of the Grateful Dead
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cathy (Museme3) on Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 12:20 pm: Edit Post

Couldn't believe this video when I came across it. http://youtu.be/9PCfr6yleks

Dead On is recreating American Beauty and Workingman's dead, note for note.

They've got a show coming up in New York this summer - 6/24....think I might head in for it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff (Bobfan1985) on Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 02:17 pm: Edit Post

So they're doing what the American Beauty project did a few years ago? Awkward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Whitman Mayo (Grady) on Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 06:55 pm: Edit Post

I saw this and couldn't understand what it was. Did not compute. Fail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By GreggD (Albanygregg) on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 02:07 pm: Edit Post

As an added bonus this is at the Best Buy theatre so you can be treated like crap again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cathy (Museme3) on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 05:54 pm: Edit Post

it's not just American Beauty though, it's also WD. I think it's pretty impressive. Haven't had any previous problems with Best Buy (other than no re-entry, which they tell you before you leave)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John B (Kuznjohn) on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 12:29 pm: Edit Post

Speaking of American Beauty project, was it ever released comercially?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff (Bobfan1985) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 02:51 pm: Edit Post

Yes it was released.

Just like Furthur's "take" on it was released on SBD.

Or you can just, um, buy American Beauty and Workingman's Dead

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By GreggD (Albanygregg) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 04:11 am: Edit Post

Best Buy will throw you out and/or have you arrested for violating the rules.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff (Bobfan1985) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 12:08 pm: Edit Post

Shame on a venue throwing you out for 1) doing illegal drugs and 2) smoking inside

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By GreggD (Albanygregg) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 08:06 pm: Edit Post

You are right, you should only do the legal drug that they sell you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cmes06 (Cmes06) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 12:51 pm: Edit Post

I actually just saw Dead On's guitarist (Marc Muller) perform with Steve Kimock a few weeks ago and it was awesome! And I was just at Best Buy on Friday and didn't have a problem. I'm definitely planning on checking this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjkGENMe29w&featur e=player_embedded#at=406

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: