Help me source Without a Net

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: Help me source Without a Net
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Judge Decreed It (Decree) on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 09:36 pm: Edit Post

As part of my educate my younger cousins who never saw Jerry and love phish project, looking for the dates that sourced without a net, to me, the last of the greatness, or damned close to it.

taking those lil fockers on tour this spring to see Phil and Bob and got a LOT of car time to phil up..

thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Circassian_Beauty (Liquidmonkey) on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 11:13 pm: Edit Post

china>rider is atlanta '90 i think.
birdsong is LA forum dec '89 pretty for sure

post this in Other Stuff and you'll get a quicker response and funny comments

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Captain Francis Obvious (Msg_man) on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 11:25 pm: Edit Post

"Feel Like A Stranger" recorded at Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, Virginia on October 9, 1989
"Victim or the Crime" recorded at Brendan Byrne Arena, East Rutherford , NJ on October 15, 1989
"Cassidy" recorded at The Spectrum, Philadelphia on October 19, 1989
"Bird Song" recorded at Great Western Forum, Inglewood, California on December 9, 1989
"Let It Grow" recorded at Capital Centre, Landover, Maryland on March 14, 1990
"Walkin' Blues" and "Althea" recorded at Capital Centre on March 15, 1990
"Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodleloo" recorded at Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario on March 21, 1990
"One More Saturday Night" recorded at Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, New York on March 24, 1990
"Looks Like Rain" recorded at Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York on March 28, 1990
"Eyes of the World" recorded at Nassau Coliseum on March 29, 1990
"Help on the Way/Slipknot!/Franklin's Tower" recorded at Nassau Coliseum on March 30, 1990
"China Cat Sunflower/I Know You Rider" and "Dear Mr. Fantasy" recorded at The Omni, Atlanta on April 1, 1990

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff (Bobfan1985) on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 08:52 am: Edit Post

The linear notes, or www.google.com, would have been your quickest bet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Highway Terror (James) on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 04:08 pm: Edit Post

the whole 4/1/90 omni show is worth having

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 04:29 pm: Edit Post

Interestingly, the "Althea" and "Walking Blues" from "Without a Net" are also on another official GD release. I believe it's called The Terrapin Benefit", or something like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By WeWantPhil (Wewantphil) on Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 11:00 pm: Edit Post

Hey Jeff,

The show dates aren't in the linear notes, the circular notes or the spherical notes either. Heck, they ain't even in the liner notes. But thanks for that helpful tip on google.

Dominic,

Released in 1997, Terrapin Station is a three CD Grateful Dead Records release of the entire 3/15/90 show at Capital Centre in Landover, MD. GDCD 4055. Phil Lesh's 50th Birthday. This limited edition (mine is # 23358) was only available via mailorder from Grateful Dead Merchandising. If I remember correctly, Terrapin Station was the band members' idea for how to present their work. It was imagined to be a combination of virtual & live elements. There would have been a way to access music from the archive via the web, as well as a live venue from which they could present new music to their audience, both live and via the web, and not have to run all over the country on tour. Proceeds from the sale of this CD were to be earmarked towards the project.

Here is some more info on the release and the TS project.

http://www.musicbox-online.com/gd-ter.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 08:35 am: Edit Post

Thanks, WeWantPhil! I found a used copy of that release a few months after it came out. I don't remember a number on it. I'll have to check it out!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: