I love Furthur!

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: I love Furthur!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By david (Akdead) on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 01:54 pm: Edit Post

Just back from the Colorado shows and I thought all three were great. I think Furthur is getting better. I'm not great at writing reviews but came across this review that is well written:

http://www.heyreverb.com/2011/02/14/live-review-fu rthur-1stbank-center-saturday/#45

"Furthur in September were utterly amazing. Furthur in February are absolutely peaking in their musical prowess. Instrument & musician synchronicity at this level - ability to inter-play and create numerous musical genre's within a song - no lull's in between bridges/rhythm changes - Phil interspersing bass lines / beat changes without having to EVER look at the drummer and just 'knowing' where to take the bottom - the drummer creating myriad patterns of rhythm's/beats/and a bottom line (for 1 drummer) that is monstrously astounding to any bands core sound - the keyboards ability to fill, create lead changes and multi-beat weaving solo's - the constant unique ability of this band bringing a song up, then taking it down and then finding the most incredible groove ( by multiple instruments, multiple times) to bring that bridge roaring back into assumed crescendo, then starting that process over again with minor key changes - the entire bands ability to make rock, jazz,blues, R&B, soul, reggae and that distinct DEAD sound come in and out of any song while really keeping that sound's authenticity................is waaaaaaay beyond what ANY ROCK act / instrument playing = group artistry is doing on tour in the US or the World today. They have transcended the era that was the DEAD....and while playing those DEAD era songs....pushed the essence of that musical song structure into a realm no one ( even they....) thought was imaginable.

Not discounting other musical styles by specific groups, hundreds of well known bands or unique sounds achieved by a select few groups on tour or in the studio..............yet, simply put.....they ARE THE BAND and the ULTIMATE in musicianship of this musical decade!!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Highway Terror (James) on Friday, February 18, 2011 - 02:42 pm: Edit Post

thanks for the review

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Harris (Philanthropist) on Saturday, February 19, 2011 - 12:21 am: Edit Post

Ya' know...a little fluffy for me, but, they are doing nice work...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: