Jill asks you for input before a show/tour...?

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: Jill asks you for input before a show/tour...?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Emley (Spirallightofvenus) on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 09:41 pm: Edit Post

Picture yourself having a cup of coffee in the morning before a show/tour with Jill and she says "what do you do?" meaning you can pick songs the band plays, show opener/closer, songs to break out, covers to play, cities/venues to hit, etc. How do you take advantage of such an opportunity to play sonical architect/tour guide/Captain?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By niarfoxob (Niarfoxob) on Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 11:25 am: Edit Post

Salute to cowboy Neal. Let me drink some coffee first...You say, "Hey Jill what's going on Have to take Loo-da out, so hold on a sec. Do you understand hillbilly. oh boy, i can't wait for for the Hammerstien show........I love New York; new york in the fall. haven't seen a sunrise in the city since....You like Youngs new album...its good. Checking out the Sacred Church of Mirrors and centrel park before the show. Haven't heard a vince tune in 12 years......wish someone would just play a dam vinnie...jam man...need to ...Hold on a sec....Delia's in some other world and i need to bring her down...What the hell is the head trip about..Warming Viola Lee's hands up because the snow is cold.
Chicago Orpheum is nice....have to hit that spot in miami university, oxford, OH...on the way...Need to get my book back "searching for the sound".....my freind finally finished it...what the hell should only take a day to read... eeight ball in the side. GASEAb dRSATR oops.....misque..
...JK...Haven't heard a good tangled up in blue since ....what the hell.......potty mouth....
Need a NFA opener and closer...That throwing stones was sweet back in novermber.....of course sug mag.......sunshines girly ears love... Co is always a blast.....loving a show in aspen....or jacksonhole outside in th summer would be nice....not sure heads will come....if you build it they might come.....Loo-da get down dammit.......what the hell......sit SIT....watch this.....BANG LOODA.......isn't that funny......she plays dead when you shoot her.......Need a nice loser....sometime....and maybe a black peter.....oops... it would have to be a talkin convo....because my grammer is off....Lamos.....going to hell in a bucket but at least i am enjoying the ride....do not pay much attetion to mispelledf words...it gives me a complex....about that hillbilly style turned yuppie blues suberbenite dweller....lookinn for a kind of loser.....with tom thumbs bluezzzz....sorry my minds rambling...chet helmes is channeling me from some far unknown place...sitting next to grace...
and dignity... I say eat the brown acid.....cuz that shit was good...oops back to more songs now...how many convo's can you have at once....need to do a little mini family special in the middle of nowhere to invite all old friends......and new
except for that bridge i burned yesterday..
i am feeling fine.....Yoself.....hows Phil's health.......take it easy take it slow no reason to rush all these shows....merri weather has become a bust....bust me outta here......the hang man says to the knoose.....loosen that grip and slip through in a dream...oops i mean.....suits with luggage pullin your strings...bring it together by any means.......Now hillbillies know how the tribes feel....when you can't relate in words....things become to real....losing to time
brings a frown.....and tears to my eyes......I am just playing captin in my own mind....reality check.......see ya....be gooD........i have to drive this 50 pound fish to the market....fair thee well my honey fair thee well my own true sweet one.....i am gonna listen to the river sing ssweet songs to rock my soul..........
to be continued

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cosmicC (Charliem) on Friday, February 04, 2011 - 07:26 am: Edit Post

I would say thank you, Jill for encouraging Phil to keep bringing it. It's all good. Mixing it up, surprising us occasionally, it's all good. But what about one night you say, boys, no list tonight. Go out there and improvise. Ok, here's the starter. You can open with Help > Slip but figure out someewhere besides Franklins to go next. If it takes a while just extend out some jams, something will come. It's all good and it could all be better. Let it flow.

That's what I'd like to say, but I would probably just be sucking up and telling her how great it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Friday, February 04, 2011 - 08:35 am: Edit Post

I would preface the conversation by also thanking the ENTIRE FURTHUR crew for bringing such joy to all of us. THEN..."BTW,I hate to be a pest, but what about broaching the topic of bringing back "My Brother esau" to your husband, who can then ORDER Bobby to do it!!".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jackstraw (Lostman) on Friday, February 04, 2011 - 01:01 pm: Edit Post

your going going to talk to jill to bring back one of the worst song they ever did.LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Friday, February 04, 2011 - 01:35 pm: Edit Post

Apples and Oranges...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By willie McD (Olhobo) on Friday, February 04, 2011 - 02:31 pm: Edit Post

When's the next Phil and friends show?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bzl (Bzlrbi) on Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 10:05 am: Edit Post

Dear Jill,

The Warner Theatre in DC is a perfectly lovely place to have a multi-night stand. You can stay away from that awful Patriot Center and be a short walk from some excellent hotels, restaurants and world-class museums. Also, you could pop in and say Hi to the Obamas!

You are welcome!

Bzl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bowman (Cabin) on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 11:21 am: Edit Post

Keep inspiring your man Jill...Looking forward to Philly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By teddym34 (Teddymirage) on Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 06:09 pm: Edit Post

good times roll opener!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Highway Terror (James) on Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 09:35 pm: Edit Post

suggest some cool covers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By niarfoxob (Niarfoxob) on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 09:06 pm: Edit Post

loving yuse guys... jammed roadrunner aye......have to get my ears on that.......nieecee. wishing you came to memphis, louisville, cincinnasty, columbus, pittsburg.....than maybe somewhere down in WV......the rest in NYC......wht the hay......a girl can dream ....right.......without love in a dream it will never come true.......the older you get the harder it is to dream......thanks for th spark of light you gave to me....i haven't forgotten.....thanks for the floorspace in th backseat of your hatch back on haight street..........FOREVER FURTHUR.......FUTHUR FOREVER

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Help's on the Way (Chicagojoe) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 12:43 am: Edit Post

Grateful Dead Songs, Please Jill.
Furthur Rules!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank D'Andrea (Franklintower18) on Saturday, April 02, 2011 - 10:08 pm: Edit Post

Behind any man of success is a devout loving woman. Phil, your a lucky man.
I've been following Phil and the boys ( He's uncle Phil to my Kids ) HA! HA! True.
Since Englishtown 77'
Last summer my son and I were at the vibes ( I was holding my 2 year old Grandaughter. 3 generations!
Thank you for giving Phil the encouagememnt and dedication to keep spreading the love.
God Bless you and your family.
OH! If I ever was in a band I would play "Sittin on the docks of the bay" Grateful dead style . Wouldn't that be the coolest.
"Just sitting here resting my bones"
Peace,
Frank

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: