New Soundgarden Live Disc

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: New Soundgarden Live Disc
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Highway Terror (James) on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 02:02 am: Edit Post

The year 2010 saw Soundgarden, Chris Cornell, Kim Thayil, Ben Shepherd and Matt Cameron, reuniting after a 13-year absence to a thunderous roar. As promised, the band have now announced that they’ll be releasing their first-ever collection of live tracks on March 22, 2011 through UMe.

Titled Live on I5, a reference to the Interstate 5 which runs up and down the West Coast, the new collection compiles live tracks from a 1996 run by the band and captures the band at the height of their recording and touring career. This carefully selected compilation includes fan favorites like “Spoonman”, “Rusty Cage”, “Burden In My Hand,” and “Black Hole Sun” (performed by Chris Cornell solo), as well what insiders are calling the definitive live performance of “Jesus Christ Pose.” As a bonus, the disc includes two brilliantly inspired covers: The Beatles’ “Helter Skelter” and The Stooges’ anarchic proto-punk classic, “Search & Destroy.”

Live on 15 Tracklist
1. Spoonman
2. Searching With My Good Eye Closed
3. Let Me Drown
Tracks 1-3: Recorded live at Crosby Hall, Del Mar Fairgrounds, Del Mar, CA – November 30, 1996

4. Head Down
Recorded live at Mercer Arena, Seattle, WA – December 18, 1996

5. Outshined
Recorded live at Crosby Hall, Del Mar Fairgrounds, Del Mar, CA – November 30, 1996

6. Rusty Cage
Recorded live at Pacific National Exhibition Forum, Vancouver, BC, Canada – December 7, 1996

7. Burden In My Hand
Recorded live at Salem Armory, Salem, OR – December 8, 1996

8. Helter Skelter
9. Boot Camp
Tracks 8 and 9: Recorded live at Crosby Hall, Del Mar Fairgrounds, Del Mar, CA – November 30, 1996

10. Nothing To Say

11. Slaves And Bulldozers
12. Dusty
13. Fell On Black Days
Tracks 11-13: Recorded live at Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center, Oakland, CA – December 5, 1996

14. Search And Destroy

15. Ty Cobb
Recorded live at Crosby Hall, Del Mar Fairgrounds, Del Mar, CA – November 30, 1996

16. Black Hole Sun
Recorded live at Mercer Arena, Seattle, WA – December 17, 1996

17. Jesus Christ Pose
Recorded live at Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center, Oakland, CA – December 5, 1996

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan (Deadhead321) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 01:08 pm: Edit Post

love some soundgarden

interesting how they have reformed for a few shows and now releasing new albums...they share a drummer with Pearl Jam.

This is PJs 20th anniversary and they have some big things planned for the next year. Intersting to see how Matt Cameron will split time between the two bands

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Syd Barrett (Thegreatredspot) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 05:50 pm: Edit Post

Matt Cameron Rocks! Should be no problem splitting up Tours......... A real power house!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Syd Barrett (Thegreatredspot) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 05:53 pm: Edit Post

p.s/ H.J. Kaiser >>> Great P & F memories in that building........Including Acoustic Mule, and Double Bass Solo's w/ Mike Gordon...........Ah, when we were young.......>>>
Looking for a Listen>>> to new SoundGarden Live disc....in HJ Kaiser

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jackstraw (Lostman) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 06:09 pm: Edit Post

theres a a & m records promo cd from early 90's late 80's i belive a,lso has live tracks on it

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: