David Gans & Tales from Golden Road

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: David Gans & Tales from Golden Road
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steely Dan (Kidcharlemagne) on Friday, January 14, 2011 - 05:17 pm: Edit Post

What's his story? I am indebted to Gans for the many years he educated and fostered my love of the Dead on the GDH, but I feel like the Sirius show could be so much better. He shows little to no enthusiasm for it and his distaste for Furthur is palpable. He humps DSO and 7 Walkers like they are the second coming but never mentions Furthur.
I am not saying he needs to like Furthur but at least acknowledge them.

The channel on Sirius is a great format for the band to reach their fans. Why can't we hear an interview with JohnK or Russo? Does the band lock them down from appearing? I guess I can't blame that on Gans but WTF?

Maybe it's 2 issues then for me. Gans and the program director. I listen to the Springsteen channel from time to time and there is great discussion going on. They dissect the eras, explain what was going on and what Bruce was doing. They approach it in a much more refined manner. I just want more from Gans and the channel in general. I think Lambert would be better served with a different co-host or doing it solo. Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nick S. (Gd420vt) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 03:44 pm: Edit Post

Well I like the show most times but Gans can be a prick sometimes. One thing that keeps rubbing me wrong was that a few months ago the topic of sbd/aud matrix came up and he went on a tirade about how the people making the mixes cant properly do it and it takes years of practice to get it right bla bla bla. I got so pissed I myself have done a few on my mac and they sound great. Lots of effort and time goes into making a matrix sometime the 2 sources are just ever so slightly differing in speed and you have to stretch or do other things to line them up on top of each other. Sounds like he maybe be a bit bitter over the fact that we can do with a good computer what it used to take him months or longer to do in the studio. He also said that all of the matrix's out there sound like crap WTF David???

On a side note I do like the channel in general but the better the stereo you have the worse it sounds. I really wish they could make it an HD channel and increase the bit rate they use. Ok done ranting going to take my medicine now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 04:56 pm: Edit Post

He has played Furthur on the GDH on at least one show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cachesoul (Imthemostdead) on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 03:21 pm: Edit Post

>>>I really wish they could make it an HD channel

Its HD surround on my XM receiver but I use a much trippier 7 speaker enhanced mode.

... and give me straight dry soundboards w/o mixing please.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: