"Deluxe Edition" CDs Worth Buying?

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: "Deluxe Edition" CDs Worth Buying?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Whitman Mayo (Grady) on Monday, January 03, 2011 - 09:49 am: Edit Post

Which deluxe/re-issued ones are worth buying even though you have the original disc already?

I think Bob Marley's Exodus is worth it.

The extra tracks are like a whole new thing and the packaging is nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Ferbel (Nyced) on Monday, January 03, 2011 - 10:04 am: Edit Post

i like the deluxe eat a peach because it come with the closing of fillmore east set

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Highway Terror (James) on Monday, January 03, 2011 - 05:26 pm: Edit Post

the 5.1 Surround Mixes of American Beauty and Workingmans Dead are worth getting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By on paper (Dave_c) on Monday, January 03, 2011 - 05:27 pm: Edit Post

Who's Next has an incredible live disc with the album. My favorite live Who set too. . .

I like the Universal Deluxe Editions in general.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bunk (Jocomo) on Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 12:38 pm: Edit Post

because it come with the closing of fillmore east set<<<<

And the ABB "Fillmore Concerts" release
All remixed by the late Tom Dowd---excellent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cachesoul (Imthemostdead) on Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 12:03 pm: Edit Post

Ive heard some of the extra stuff from the layla box set of those session. Excellent.

Agree on ABB Filmore... I picked up the SACD of the remix and its incredible.

I also recommend the Remastered Beatle CDs they did a few years back.

30 year aniversary remix of Fly Like an Eagle is also an audible improvement, with extra live stuff including a dvd of a recent concert with Joe Satriani.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By WeWantPhil (Wewantphil) on Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 09:39 pm: Edit Post

The 2 Skynyrd ones are good as is Eric Clapton Eric Clapton. Sublime Sublime is interesting but I prefer the original. 2 Marvin Gayes are nice as are the Bowie's. I could go on. I guess it's really just a matter of taste. If you like it then too much of everything is just enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By _ (Verve13) on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 07:13 pm: Edit Post

I'm a sucker for the Deluxe Edition sets.

Traffic's 'John Barleycorn' is being released as a Deluxe Edition next month with some alternate takes and a nice looking live show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By on paper (Dave_c) on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 08:19 pm: Edit Post

Cool! Just saw that on amazon Verve.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: