Furthur Rotation

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: Furthur Rotation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Barn Presents (Thebarnpresents) on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 01:26 pm: Edit Post

I've been posting these in the show threads, but in case anybody doesn't hang out over there and would like to have a look at what is in the Furthur rotation, and get some clues as to what is coming up for the next few shows...

http://bit.ly/d8kICf

We update after each show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Help's on the Way (Chicagojoe) on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 02:52 pm: Edit Post

Thanks....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Highway Terror (James) on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 04:36 pm: Edit Post

nice chart ! thanks !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Barn Presents (Thebarnpresents) on Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 10:44 am: Edit Post

Updated after Worcester. Get ready for two shows in the big house!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Cruzeta (Ajcmixer) on Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 06:05 pm: Edit Post

Don't know if this is considered part of the "rotation" discussion but I did a quick look at the eleven shows of this Fall tour and if my numbers are correct, they played eighty four songs once, only repeated twelve songs three times and the rest of the material (one hundred fifty songs plus in total) was played twice over the course of the tour, stunning numbers if you ask me. I read a fair amount of criticism on various boards as to the set lists and though I understand some of it, IMHO I believe that the band deserves kudos, not criticism, for trying to make each individual show as special as possible. The numbers on the songs played only once at each individual show, in order from start of tour to end: ten, eight, six, six, ten, fourteen, six, fourteen, five, two and three for a total of eighty four. That indicates to me a conscious effort to go thru as much of their catalog as possible and if the GD had done that back "in the day" I believe many of us would have been stunned at the care and effort taken with the material over the course of the tour though some might look at this as just simply numbers. It's still all good..."Believe it if you need it, if you don't just pass it on...":-)

Peace,
Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 01:32 pm: Edit Post

I could not agree with you more, Alex!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By onthebusin03 (Phil_lesh_is_trl) on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 08:20 am: Edit Post

As someone who also keeps song statistics, I have a few questions...

Most notably...

When did Furthur play "That's What Love Will Make You Do?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By veronica spera (Borncrosseyed1) on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 12:01 pm: Edit Post

didnt but they most certainly SHOULD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By onthebusin03 (Phil_lesh_is_trl) on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 11:28 am: Edit Post

Exactly, which is why I'm skeptical of this list/data...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'd Go Crazy If I Wasnt So Lazy (Canyon) on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 04:27 pm: Edit Post

they played TWLWMYD at Phil's private birthday party 3.13.10 in San Francisco. not really sure if that should count in the stats but that's where that site gets that from I'm sure...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By onthebusin03 (Phil_lesh_is_trl) on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 08:52 am: Edit Post

That's why it'd be neat to see a breakdown of each date a song was played. Also, when was "Space" and "Jam" played and what do those "songs" consist of?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'd Go Crazy If I Wasnt So Lazy (Canyon) on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 12:21 pm: Edit Post

I agree, the Spaces are a bit of a stretch, I think people are calling the new intro into Days Between Space, I don't really think it should be listed as such.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By onthebusin03 (Phil_lesh_is_trl) on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 01:59 pm: Edit Post

And "Drums"? Aka the intro to King Solomon's Marbles that lasts 1 minute on average?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Barn Presents (Thebarnpresents) on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 10:25 am: Edit Post

To answer a few of the questions in here.

Yes TWLWMYD is from 3/13/10 Phil's B-Day party

I seeded the data with setlists from here:

http://otherones.net/2010/setlists (and its 2009 counterpart)

They tend to be pretty liberal with labeling songs as Space and Jam. Starting fall tour I used the official setlists from furthur.net to begin updating, and they NEVER label anything as Space or Jam (even though there are plenty of spacey and jammy sections of playing on fall tour).

So, I'm considering removing S&J from the list as seperate songs. Since Phil did not play on 3/13/10, I'd consider removing that show's stats. There are some other "rehearsal" setlists from otherones.net that are also questionable for inclusion, but I decided to include everything that was documented about the band for completeness sake.

What other suggestions does this board have?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 11:38 am: Edit Post

No specific suggestions, but I appreciate all the work that you've put into this. I love GD-oriented stats. I haven't run into too many other artists whose fans are that fervent about them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Lewis (Wlewis) on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 02:25 pm: Edit Post

yes i was wondering what the deal was with the "rehearsal shows"...those seem like they should not count toward a full show statistic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 05:22 pm: Edit Post

Actually, I disagree. Why not? There were people attending them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By onthebusin03 (Phil_lesh_is_trl) on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 10:43 pm: Edit Post

I count rehearsals in mine... They're shows that people go to under the name of Furthur.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By onthebusin03 (Phil_lesh_is_trl) on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 07:05 am: Edit Post

I agree with removing Phil's birthday show. If he didn't play, how is it Furthur?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: