Furthur Summer Tour Rumors

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Music Talk ONLY!: Music Talk Archive: Furthur Summer Tour Rumors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Graves (Gratefulgravesmn) on Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 05:47 pm: Edit Post

Has anyone heard any news about more dates for the tour? Specifically mid-west and west coast?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By E Kemp (Dancingsinging) on Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 01:03 pm: Edit Post

is there a thread on here about the Phil Birthday show ? ( Haitian Benefit ) Id love to see more details about the show, its Friday ! and Im psyched !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By onthebus2003 (Bonnaroo2) on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 06:31 pm: Edit Post

tomorrow we see,

Mountian Air memorial weekend looks solid

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Graves (Gratefulgravesmn) on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 07:06 pm: Edit Post

are they supposed to be announcing tomarrow?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darkengo (Darkengo) on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 06:44 pm: Edit Post

....Specifically mid-west and west coast?.....

Phil mentioned that West Coast dates are to be in September.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By philip hoffman (Deadontheriver) on Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 01:29 pm: Edit Post

Lets see some Midwest dates. St. Louis would be perfect, very centered and a ez road for many major cities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kevin thomas (Rudeadhead) on Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 07:50 pm: Edit Post

a nice alpine valley wis 3 day show would be great to

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Graves (Gratefulgravesmn) on Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 09:03 pm: Edit Post

alpine would be great. but the camping situation sucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ilPhay eshLay (Takamelody) on Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 11:40 pm: Edit Post

maybe they'll let us use Rothbury grounds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Graves (Gratefulgravesmn) on Monday, March 15, 2010 - 11:41 am: Edit Post

The 10,000 lakes grounds would be perfect. No complaints from the locals (unlike rothbury) plus camping in the beautiful woods on lake sallie. Perfect place for 15,000 people to enjoy a furthur fest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott E (Cofishingfool) on Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 08:39 pm: Edit Post

I'm hearing Red Rocks three nights with Derek Trucks opening from a really good source!!!???

I know panic is probably doing 4th weekend in June.....
With the west bookings looking like September late August Red Rocks might want to be a area in your schedules to keep open..
After what I just witnessed in Broomfield and San Fran Phil and Bobby have got their groove on!

This will be a monster weekend and would love to see a Sunday afternoon show with Furthur!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James T. (James) on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 12:05 pm: Edit Post

blossom or buckeye lake would be great

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By _ (Verve13) on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 12:15 pm: Edit Post

Phil doesn't like Cleveland, James.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wizzard (Stone_cold) on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 12:36 pm: Edit Post

Phil is a rock star!!! come home to the Warf...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By spencer jones (Docta_jonez) on Wednesday, April 07, 2010 - 12:04 am: Edit Post

we need midwest this summer! i already sold my sci redrocks tix because of furthur adventures!!! Chicago charter one pavillion would be sweet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James T. (James) on Wednesday, April 07, 2010 - 10:07 pm: Edit Post

why doesnt phil like cleveland? and even so buckeye lake is now legend valley (again) and it has been improved and they allow camping inside the venue

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By _ (Verve13) on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 08:01 am: Edit Post

>>>why doesnt phil like cleveland?

He hasn't played there since 2002? If The Dead never made a stop at Blossom I can't see Furthur doing it. Maybe that outdoor asphalt tent down in the Flats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pete R. (Jack_straw) on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 01:32 pm: Edit Post

The Dead played Blosom in 2004!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By _ (Verve13) on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 02:02 pm: Edit Post

You're right, Pete. My bad. Forgot about that and I was at that show to boot. Still though, I always wondered why Phil and Friends never made a Cleveland stop other than Blossom 2002 with the Allmans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joshua Hendrick (Yosh0111) on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 08:11 pm: Edit Post

Question: Anyone know anything more specifically about the schedule for Further Fest memorial day weekend? I likely won't be able to make it to the fairgrounds until late Saturday...and I am trying to rationalize going anyway. Any info helps. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DNB - Best band & fans in the land! (Garyfish) on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 04:36 am: Edit Post

^^^Joshua, I'm not aware of any sort of "schedule" being released yet...

the only thing I've seen is what's posted on http://furthur.net/ in the festie FAQ's:

"What's the concert schedule?
Furthur will headline Saturday and Sunday nights, and there will be other stages, activities, and artists on both days. Friday evening will feature a very special Furthur Open Aire Sound check and a late-night all-star jam."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Graves (Gratefulgravesmn) on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 07:31 pm: Edit Post

Does anyone know what the camping situation is like at the fair grounds? Shade?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DNB - Best band & fans in the land! (Garyfish) on Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 02:23 am: Edit Post

^^^Will, check out this thread:

http://www.philzone.org/discus/messages/439459/526 591.html?1271309899

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Graves (Gratefulgravesmn) on Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 01:12 pm: Edit Post

Thanks Garyfish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cdog - GreatWavesOfChangeDOTorg (Fan_of_greatwavesofchangeorg) on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 02:00 am: Edit Post

Anymore info. on possible CO / Red Rocks Furthur shows or possible windows of time where the shows might be scheduled?

Still late August sometime possibly? Furthur and Trucks & Tedeschi Band (or whatever the name) together would be the shizzie. The sit in possibilities are endless and juicy.

Plus for those of us who can't make it to telluride for phish or the festival, this would be a miracle I need. thx ahead of time for any help. namaste.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris (Cincinnatired) on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 07:48 am: Edit Post

The Dead played Blossom in 84 and 85.........someone needs to check their facts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By o|-+-) (Timmy_hoover) on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 08:01 am: Edit Post

I've got it on good information that Furthur will be at Gathering Of The Vibes after they play the Nokia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william f anton jr (Gratefulbillnj) on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 08:11 am: Edit Post

im being told that more nokia shows will be added before the 2 announced

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By safarian34 (Safarian34) on Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 09:34 pm: Edit Post

Red Rocks and Greek in Sept.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Graves (Gratefulgravesmn) on Monday, May 03, 2010 - 01:46 pm: Edit Post

safarian... from a good source or wishful thinking?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kelly (Bkwheel1) on Monday, May 03, 2010 - 05:15 pm: Edit Post

Timmy is that info on GOTV still valid ?
What a great surprise that would be !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Baskigner (Dsohead) on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 01:46 pm: Edit Post

Does anyone know if the backup singers will be touring with the band? They sounded great on the last tour, I was hoping they'd continue on but don't see them on the site anymore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Graves (Gratefulgravesmn) on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 03:54 pm: Edit Post

I think either both or just one of them has a baby or their hands and the last word was that they were not sure if they could commit to the full tour, but that they would like to be around if possible, when they can. This isn't fact but I'm pretty sure phil said something about it on a different thread about a month ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By W T (Bill) Brina (Bill_brina) on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 05:09 pm: Edit Post

Jill did, and added that the band will have back-up singers. So, presumably if Zoe and/or Sunshine can't make it, somebody else will!

They certainly are needed. With Jay Lane gone, there's no male high harmony singer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kelly (Bkwheel1) on Saturday, May 15, 2010 - 04:21 pm: Edit Post

Timmy you called it FURTHUR @ gotv !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cdog - GreatWavesOfChangeDOTorg (Fan_of_greatwavesofchangeorg) on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 01:50 am: Edit Post

Safarian or others:

Are we still looking like Greek and Red Rox in Sept.?

Any other rumors, gut feelings, pls post. Thx for posts so far of course as well.

namaste

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bobweir420 (Bobweir420) on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 02:54 pm: Edit Post

I think some west coast shows will be announced after Furthur Fest. A guy on .org is saying Red Rocks and a Warfield run is a sure-thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian B (Briguy) on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 07:59 pm: Edit Post

I thought Phil's 5 night Warfield run from May 2008 was the last of any more shows at the Warfield from Grateful Dead family? They also did albums on that run and I was lucky enough to be at the saturday show when they played skullfuck and dead set. I love Furthur but also really love that last Phil line up with Jackie, Molo, Larry, and Molitz.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mount Funkmore o|-+-) (Timmy_hoover) on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 08:33 pm: Edit Post

SoCal in September

San Diego > LA > Bay Area

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James T. (James) on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 10:53 pm: Edit Post

how about egypt II ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By (Cliftonhanger420) on Friday, June 18, 2010 - 08:29 pm: Edit Post

the grateful dead played blossum in 85 and the old basketball arena in 93, Richfield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By (Cliftonhanger420) on Friday, June 18, 2010 - 08:30 pm: Edit Post

and the cleveland convention center in 73 with a killer dark star

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve (Garcho) on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 03:19 am: Edit Post

Rudedhead is that you Burrhead? Hey man Steve R.
from back in the day. What's up man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Highway Terror (James) on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 05:18 am: Edit Post

the dead did 3 multi night runs a year there for several years

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By niarfoxob (Niarfoxob) on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 08:54 am: Edit Post

buckeye lake would be a fabulous place.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan (Deadhead321) on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 12:14 pm: Edit Post

furthur.net

summer tour :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By passenger (Tomripple16) on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 12:37 pm: Edit Post

summer bummer Mid west and west southwest oh' and also northwest would all love summer dates W.T.F.! why only the east coast havent they had enough shows recently more n.y. shows come on ,very dissapointing to a lot of folks i'm sure 2700miles or so I guess i could be happy too. sure we have two Mt. Veiw shows but ther is no camping no shakedown the locals are rude and the cops suck, but i'll go cuz' i have n't much of a choice.where is our FURTHURFEST?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By christopherlee (Smokingun) on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 11:44 pm: Edit Post

Alot of heads are showing disapointment about the summer tour. Let me just remind you all that Phil Lesh is 71 years old. they are NEVER going to tour like the dead used to, they have made it clear they would rather play cities closer together, the northeast allows that, and sells maximum amounts of tickets. Let's be GRATEFUL, these guys are playing some of the best music of their lives :P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie (Onthebussince81) on Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 12:20 am: Edit Post

Egypt? are you on medication or just wicked out of touch James? serious question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By passenger (Tomripple16) on Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 02:04 am: Edit Post

Yes i am grateful just sour grapes- I guess,Can only hope for a phat phall tour ,san diego to seattle tour I suppose! Maybe Aug. holds some surprises...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By niarfoxob (Niarfoxob) on Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 07:29 am: Edit Post

so bummed about the posted summer tour no dates for miles.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie (Onthebussince81) on Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 09:33 am: Edit Post

Cuthbert and Red Rocks at end of Sept and I will be thrilled

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Highway Terror (James) on Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 10:24 am: Edit Post

do you know how to read dates charlie ? serious question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'm uncle sam (Drpsilocybo) on Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 08:32 pm: Edit Post

when is red rocks rumored to happen?
I hope that it's early august, before my classes start!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie (Onthebussince81) on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 06:23 pm: Edit Post

>>>do you know how to read dates charlie ? serious question.

No James, I just sit and wait for you to post and confirm them. Got any more Bob Seger or other completely irrelevant tours you want to update. Ratt? Foghat? Meatloaf? Oh wait, thats your dinner and entertainment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl (Cosmiccarl44) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 01:05 am: Edit Post

Speakin of Bob Seger, you can dry your tears Against the Wind Charlie.....stop whining and learn how to read

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By GreggD (Albanygregg) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 12:59 am: Edit Post

Bob is playing with Chris Robinson and Jackie Greene at the Rocky Mtn Folks Festival the weekend of August 19-21. So I assume no Furthur Red Rocks shows in August.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyler McNamara (Tylermac) on Friday, May 20, 2011 - 04:33 am: Edit Post

"Got any more Bob Seger or other completely irrelevant tours"

Charlie- WTF is wrong with a little Silver Bullet Band?? And where is this confirmation?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Friday, May 20, 2011 - 08:40 am: Edit Post

I'm jonesin' for more Furthur in the midwest. I just hope the dates don't conflict with fottball games that I might want to go to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick (Rmac13) on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 02:18 pm: Edit Post

Does anyone know if Furthur will play Redrocks this year???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic (Dominic) on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 04:54 pm: Edit Post

I'm sure that they will play the Rocks. Unfortunately, it'll probably have to be during college football season. That'll make it harder for me to find traveling companions...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By perry (Pbuts) on Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 03:13 pm: Edit Post

9/28 Utah confirmed

Looks like RR will be 9/30-10/2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: