Cannabis Cup Amsterdam Netherlands Nov. 20-24

Philzone.org - Philzone Phansite Community Discussion Board: Events / Gatherings / Personals: Events / Gatherings / Meetings: Cannabis Cup Amsterdam Netherlands Nov. 20-24
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By aardvark van doozer (Slackary) on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 02:18 am: Edit Post

Is anyone from the Zone heading to the Cup? I'll be there the few days prior and leaving on Sunday the 20th. I'm not there for the Cup, just coincidence that I'll be there the weekend leading up to opening day.

Full disclosure: I've got nothing against Cannabis or the Cup! I'm going up to see an art exhibit and the scheduling just happened that way.

Anyway, if anyone's going to be in town that weekend and would like to meet up, I'd be glad to. I get to Amsterdam regularly from my exile here in urban tuscany and know it quite well, thus I can recommend places to eat, crash, the best 'coffee', etc., even if we don't get a chance to hang out.

Slackary (that's Professore Capellone to you)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nem (Nem) on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 10:56 am: Edit Post

i heard it was raided

dont know about arrests but people were encouraged to leave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By aardvark van doozer (Slackary) on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 05:53 am: Edit Post

well, I'm glad I wasn't there for the Cup! The 5gr limit has always been the letter of the law, it sounds like they decided to enforce it for the first time.

I for one would not be totally disappointed to see the sex/drug tourism trend die down a little bit. There's so much more to that city and pretty much everywhere in Europe has decriminalized possession of personal amounts, but Amsterdam can't seem to shake its rep for being nothing but sex and drugs. C'mon people there's rock and roll there too! Seriously, I smoke pot and I like it a lot, but let's have a party around something worthwhile (art, music, social justice, etc) and smoke pot at it for fun, rather than have a party around smoking pot. Just saying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By XXXmas (Jillluvsphil) on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 11:02 am: Edit Post

thought I wrote about this..musta been elsewhere

anyhoo, the cup SUCKS compared to visiting the city any other time of year.

I know you have your dates set but for anyone with a choice, late april is a beautiful time when the tulips are in bloom AND the Queen's bday is 30 April which is an amazingly intimate celebration of their *orange day* and ROCKS !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By aardvark van doozer (Slackary) on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 01:42 pm: Edit Post

we'll be back there Jan 6-13 for some more art and culture. Of my dozen plus visits to the Netherlands I've never been there in spring or summer, only fall and winter. funny how that works out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Racketinmyhead (Racketinmyhead) on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 01:40 pm: Edit Post

Amsterdam is the most over rated city in all of europe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By WeedNinja (Sharki) on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 04:32 pm: Edit Post

Hey there

1.The Raid was done at a Venue they used for the first time that was outside Amsterdam.
And that stupid new Coffee shop Law has been suspended.

2.I hear the Cup in Spain is Much Better.

3.Toronto has a small but good Cannabis Cup I have heard.

4.I hold a Cannabis Cup Daily on my sofa, without all that Techno Music.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nem (Nem) on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 03:28 am: Edit Post

>>Wink Martindale: Hey there

1.The Raid was done at a Venue they used for the first time that was outside Amsterdam.
And that stupid new Coffee shop Law has been suspended.

2.I hear the Cup in Spain is Much Better.

3.Toronto has a small but good Cannabis Cup I have heard.

4.I hold a Cannabis Cup Daily on my sofa, without all that Techno Music.

Contestant #2: I'll go with number four Wink, and ya know what Wink? I would also like to lay my Daily Double on tech/Electro Music ftw

http://soundcloud.com/theo-sweater/marvel-of-the-a ge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BEW(Brown Eyed Woman) (Cnmn) on Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 09:52 am: Edit Post

I was there in early January...It was super cold but clear and beautiful and tourists were scarce...LOVED it! No Cannabis Cup to compete with and the "Coffee Shops" were loose and relaxed because there was not crush of tourists... Good vibes...Had a ball.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: