I'm trying to connect to a public wifi hotspot.
It doesn't require a login/password, but does have a Terms of Service Page you have to click accept on.
I can connect with no problem and see the IP issued to me via DHCP. But Safari doesn't ever redirect to the TOS page. If I try to go to a webpage, I get "Cannot Open Page".
No other device has this problem with this network. And this iPod connects fine on my home wifi.
Things I've tried:
- Turning off iPod and turning it back on
- Turning off wifi and turning it back on
- Deleting Safari's cookies and cache
- Resetting Network Settings
- Forgetting network and reconnecting
- Turning off Safari's popup blockers
- manually entering the TOS's pages URL after connecting
- endlessly googling the problem for answers
No ideas but curious if you figured this out?
>> No ideas but curious if you figured this out?
I've updated to the newest OS today, but haven't brought it back to the place I'm having the issue.
Will report the results when I make it back.
For whatever reason, updating the OS solved the issue.